3D/4D Pregnancy Bonding Ultrasound
We're excited to now provide real-time 4D bonding scans to expecting parents.
What is 4D Ultrasound?
4D Ultrasound displays a 3D view of your baby in real-time allowing you to see your baby move.
What is a 4D Bonding Scan?
This is a non-medical and informal scan that provides a maternal bonding experience for parents, family, and friends. To get the best views of your baby, this scan should be performed between 29 and 32 weeks, but it can be performed anytime from 26 weeks. You can choose to have this scan as part of your third-trimester growth scan or have it as a separate scan.
How much does it cost?
We offer 2 services for 4D Bonding Scans, you can choose to:
- Have the scan performed immediately after your 3rd Trimester Growth Scan. The cost of this scan is $50. Additional family members and friends must use our family viewing room during Growth Scan. During the 4D scan, they can continue to watch in the viewing room, or enter the ultrasound room. The combined scan time will be 20 - 30 minutes.
- Or, you can have a separate 4D scan which will cost $90. To have this scan, you must have already had a previous anatomy scan. The scan time will be approximately 20 minutes.
Your images from the scan will be made available on the My Scans app at no additional charge.
What if you can't get a clear view of my baby?
We have the latest Philips 4D technology for capturing great views of your baby. However, if the baby is in a bad position and we can't get any acceptable views, you can reschedule one additional appointment free of charge. Please note that this is at the discretion of the sonographer as per our terms and conditions at the bottom of this page.
Do I need a referral?
No, this scan can be performed without a referral as it is a non-medical scan and simply a chance for parents, family, and friends to bond with the baby. If you are having the 4D scan as part of your 3rd-trimester growth scan, you will still need a referral for the growth scan.
Terms and Conditions
We will endeavour to provide you with a memorable bonding experience with your baby, however, we ask that you please agree to the following terms and conditions related to 4D Bonding Scans performed at The Ultrasound Clinic before we can begin your scan:
- You confirm that you have had a 20-week anatomy scan performed for this pregnancy.
- You accept that payment for this 4D Bonding Scan covers the bonding experience for yourself and any present family members or friends, not just the images you are given to take with you.
- You accept that you may not necessarily receive a clear view of the babies face due to a number of factors, such as the position of the baby, hands or umbilical cord covering the baby’s face, lack of fluid around the babies face, or extra maternal tissue that may distort the image.
- You accept that it is at the Sonographers discretion if you are entitled to a second free appointment if no adequate views are obtained due to any of the factors mentioned above.
- You accept that if you are offered a second appointment, it is not guaranteed that you will receive better views on the second attempt.
- You accept that any second attempt performed is to be scheduled between 8:30 am and 5 pm Monday to Friday. An after-hours fee will apply if you wish to schedule it outside of those times.